Tuesday 23 November 2010

Glastonbury Wonders

there are a few posts from my old blog, i don't really want to part with. they remind me of happy memories, it would be a shame to loose. so although they are a bit dated i'm gonna add a few in t...


This year was the 40th anniversary of Glastonbury, and oh what an amazing event!
This year's festival must have hit record temperatures as it was scorching the entire time, almost too hot at points, with nowhere shady to hide. 

The lineup was yet again incredible and highlights included Sunday's headliner and Motown legend Stevie Wonder, Gorrilaz, and the Scissor Sister's collaboration with Kylie. 

Personal highlights for me were definitely seeing Tegan & Sara for the first time, as well as Seasick Steve and Ellie Goulding. One moment I will never forget was dancing along with the rest of the crowd to Sunny Afternoon played by Ray Davies of The Kinks. It honestly felt like we were back in the late 60s dancing in a field overtaken by hippies. What else was poignant for me was seeing Mumford & Sons a year on to when I first saw them at Glastonbury in the Green Fields tent. The atmosphere was phenomenal and the chemistry on stage from all four members of the band was even better. A look of pure amazement and overwhelm was across all of their faces, as they genuinly could not believe how many people they were playing too. It was a beautiful moment that gave me goosebumps. 

I spent most of Thursday on my own but it was probably one of my best days even though there was no music. I spent hours in the healing fields talking to Buddhists and having a go at meditating with them. I really find it fascinating and their calm presence is inspiring. I also got to see When You're Strange which was fantastic! I'm gonna dedicate my next post to it. 

As for fashion, it was on top form again this year, with a massive emphasis on straw trilbys, cut off denim shorts and crop tops. So cute, and perfect for the blistering heat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment