Monday 25 July 2011

27 Club Keeps On Growing

Sat in a hotel room in Vegas, my friend texted me to tell me the tragic news that Amy Winehouse had died. Not that I didn't believe her, but I had to turn on the TV to check; where the news was obviously confirmed for me.
I am personally a huge fan of Winehouse and her incredible and soulful voice, and it really is a huge shame that we have lost such a talent at the young age of 27.
Amy now sits within the infamous 27 Club, along with a host of other legendary musicians to die at 27, including Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix. 
Amy's retro 50s inspired style has influenced many young fans to sport a similar beehive and winged eyeliner. I'm sure companies will find a way to make millions from her death; ebay is already selling fancy dress costumes and R.I.P pillow covers (why you would ever need/want one I have no idea).  Better still, lets remember Amy for her unique voice, inspiring songwriting and iconic style.

No comments:

Post a Comment