Monday 29 August 2011

Nottinghill Carnival







For my birthday I went with a group of my friends to Nottinghill Carnival. It was my first time at the carnival, in the past I've always been at Reading Festival bank holiday weekend, so naturally I felt a little nervous after hearing stories about all the trouble that goes on. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find how nice everyone was. There was a real sense of community spirit, it was such a lovely day. In the evening we all went to Liverpool Street for drinks, followed by a few of us going to some warehouse club at Waterloo Bridge. It wasn't until I was sober the next day that I realised paying 20 quid to get in with the only option of a toilet being a portaloo, that it wasn't the best place I've been to. But hey-ho, I can tick off another lovely birthday.
I'm wearing a black shirt from Topshop; backpack from Topshop; vintage denim shorts from Beyond Retro; black boots from Topshop, Casio Watch, silver snake bracelet from Paris; silver rings from Topshop and Forever 21

No comments:

Post a Comment