Monday 16 April 2012

Koh Phangan

Okay so the three posts I promised a while back never happened did they. Where was I? So after Koh Tao we moved on to Koh Phangan to do essentially what everyone does when they go to Thailand and enjoy the full moon party! Since leaving Uni I've actually become a little boring some might think in that I don't actually enjoy a good piss up as much as I used to. But that said, I was on full form for full moon and managed to stay up til 9am- impressive for my new self. Anyway it is pretty much as mental as everyone makes out, thousands of people on this one beach called Haadrin drinking from buckets containing a mixture of varying spirits and energy drinks. I had the most fun in the morning actually; me and Paula met a couple of Aussie guys and spent two hours crying with laughter over anything and everything we saw. It's hard to explain on here, but I can only compare it to the same laughter I experienced with my friend Callum at summer solstice a few years back. (another reference that has no meaning unless you were there). Most people say only go to Phangan for full moon, but if you stay a little further out of Haadrin you will probably find a secluded beach with white sands and clear water, much like the rest of Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment