Monday 16 April 2012

Koh Phi Phi

Oh my, Phi Phi has got to be one of my favourite places ever! It's an actual paradise I'm sure (or 'para' as we liked to call it. Never before have I seen such crystal clear waters and soft white sand. When I first stepped into the water I really thought "yes, this is it. This is why I've left home for 5 months." Phi Phi is still pretty touristy (no doubt from the fact that its the same set of islands Danny Boyle's 'The Beach' was set), but it doesn't have that same touristy/ brits-abroad feel to it like say Koh Samui or Phangan. There are still a load of bars to enjoy in the main town on Phi Phi Don, and a couple of the beach, which set out huge beanbags on the sand at night to go and chill out on. On the day there's plenty to do too, but all we really did was soak up the sun on the sands of the island. If you are ever lucky enough to visit Phi Phi I would strongly recommend taking a taxi boat over to Long Beach as this is where you will find the best waters. (Having said that, it's possible to stay on Long Beach and therefore no need for a taxi boat). Our best day, however was the snorkling trip we did around Phi Phi Ley including Maya Bay, the famous deserted beach where Boyle's movie was filmed. This is without a doubt somewhere you have got to visit if on the island.

No comments:

Post a Comment