Tuesday 14 August 2012

Closing Ceremony

So this is the first year I have ever gotten into the Olympics, and when I say 'gotten into' I mean my eyes were glued to the TV pretty much every one of the seventeen days it was showing. My favourite sport to watch was the men's diving (and not just because you get to see Tom Daley in a pair of trunks!), as well as the men's gymnastics and all of the athletic track games. Mo Farrah, Jessica Ennis, Usain Bolt, Yohan Blake... need I say more? And lets be honest, no one could host better than Great Britain did right?! Maybe I'm biased, but they sure did do a bloody good job! I can't mention the Olympics without talking about the closing ceremony and of course the SPICE GIRLS. Girl Power was back for one night only, and although their set was extremely short (much too short for my liking) the 'girls' sounded and looked great! Other than the Spice Girls; Emeli Sande sang beautifully, the Pet Shop Boys were good fun to watch, Jessie J looked hot in a nude catsuit, and The Who closed the show- couldn't ask for more than that. The only disappointing thing with was the no show from David Bowie - how amazing would it have been to watch Bowie perform Heroes live?! That aside, an incredible ceremony showing Great Britain at it's absolute best!

No comments:

Post a Comment