Wednesday 29 May 2013

David Bowie Is

Image Souce: www.vam.ac.uk
On Monday of this week I took my mum to the David Bowie exhibition at the V&A museum in South Kensington. The exhibition titled "David Bowie Is" is the first international retrospective of the artist and his career. Being a big Bowie fan, I was naturally really excited when I first heard about the exhibition, and after visiting the museum, I can see how it has easily become the V&A's most popular and successful exhibition to date.
Within the walls of the museum you are given the chance to see a number of authentic memorabilia including handwritten lyrics, set designs, instruments, album artwork, and of course those flamboyant costumes Bowie is renowned for. To accompany the exhibition you are given a head set which picks up where you are at in the exhibition and plays running commentary of Bowie talking, along with clips from a number of his songs.
I bought the most amazing book as well, and for £25 quid - a bargain!  

No comments:

Post a Comment