Wednesday 29 May 2013

Santorini vs Venice

 Currently I am procrastinating over whether to book a short summer break to Santorini or Italy (most likely Venice). Josh and I have been trying to save with the hope to move out in the not-so-distant future, so our only holiday this year was supposed to be Edinburgh (which we are visiting in late August). I, however, always get impatient this time of year if I haven’t got a week of guaranteed sunshine and relaxation booked; which is why I am so desperate to get something sorted.
We both had Italy in mind when we first decided to have a long weekend abroad, but as I continue researching, I am swaying more towards Santorini. The beautiful coastline and architecture of this island, (which sits in the remnants of a volcanic caldera in the Aegean Sea) is the obvious reason I would love to take a visit, not to mention the authentic cuisine and hot climate!
On the other hand, Venice is renowned for its romance, and I’ve wanted to take a gondola ride there for ages, oh and of course the food! Italian really is my favourite food!
So if anyone has been to either or both and wouldn’t mind sharing their knowledge and recommendations with me; that would be rather wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment