Tuesday 21 May 2013

The Great Gatsby

   
I've been looking forward to The Great Gatsby's release when I first heard it was being made a couple of years ago, whilst working at Mudpie. With Miucci Prada heading up the design side of things, it's not surprising that its release has been highly anticipated by the 'fashion crowd'.
I went to the movies with Josh to see it and both of us were glued to the screens for the entirety of the film. In fact, I could have watched more after it ended which is rare for me, as usually after two hours sat in one of those cinema seats I'm ready to go home.
I've heard that Baz Luhrmann's remake of The Great Gatsby has had a fair number of bad reviews from critics, and while I loved it, I guess I've nothing to compare it to as I never watched the original film or even read F. Scott Fitzgerald's book. I think it was a combination of wonderful cinematography (the scene where Gatsby and Daisy first meet again, with those hundreds of flowers and French macaroons), along with the ultra modern Jay-Z produced soundtrack, and of course beautifully breathtaking costumes, that fed my concentration the entire way through. Oh and of course, I cannot review the film without mentioning Leo Dicaprio, Carey Mulligan and Toby Maguire - all of who I couldn't imagine the film without.
Honestly, everyone please go see this film, I promise it does not disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment