Wednesday 13 June 2012

Tiger Kingdom

As I am currently jobless I have no excuse in not getting these delayed posts up so here goes...

After Bangkok (yes I am aware of just how behind I am considering Josh and I left Bangkok at the end of March), our next stop was Chiang Mai. I spent a few days up in Chiang Mai with Paula and Josh spent a lot of time there during his three months in Thailand last year, so we both knew the place pretty well. It was amazing to go into restaurants and bars and see people recognise and remember Josh from his previous visit. He caught up with a lot of friends from there and we even stayed at the same guest house as he did previously, which i know made the owner very happy. During our stay in Chiang Mai, we visited Tiger Kingdom where incredibly, we sat and interacted with tigers, both big and small. It sounds unbelievable and seemed unbelievable, but it was most definitely true at the time. I had reservations about doing it in the beginning and was worried that the tigers would be under some sort of heavy drug, else why would they be so calm? But they really didn't seem to be, or maybe that is just me being naiive. They were however very active and up and moving about quickly and very responsive to the handlers. The babies were adorable and so playful The bigger ones, still no older than two-years-old, were a little scarier- we had to be calm but firm, so no tickling their tummies. Anyway, please look at the photos below to understand exactly how amazing this was. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment