Thursday 11 April 2013

Hollyoaks Wardrobe Department

As you know from my previous post, I spent a week working in the costume department for Hollyoaks' studio. A friend of mine acted on the show and pointed me in the right direction for work experience. Like I said, I wasn't sure what to expect but I was excited none-the-less, as this is the first bit of work relevant to my degree that I have completed since travelling, apart from this blog of course.
There wasn't any of the glamour you might expect - it was freezing up in Liverpool and there was a lot of time spent standing outside for hours at a time. I did however spend almost the whole week on set assisting one of the costume supervisors. A lot of my job was to make sure the actors were given warm coats and hot water bottles in between takes, but I also had to check the continuity for all takes, ensuring accessories & clothing remained the same for each shot. Back in the costume department I sorted through each actor's wardrobe collecting bits ready for the next day, and 'de-rigged' the outfit's they'd left hanging in the dressing room. All in all, the experience was definitely valuable and has given me yet another possible career idea - whether that's a good thing or not, i'm not entirley sure; I seem to have a million 'possible' career ideas without an actual career...

No comments:

Post a Comment