Monday 2 July 2012

Autumn Leaves in Canberra

  So whilst in Australia we stopped at Canberra for one night. To be honest, whenever anyone heard of our plans to visit the capital they asked why on earth we would want to visit there. Pretty strange considering Canberra is Australia's capital, but we had our reasons- Phoebe wanted to visit an old school friend who lives there, and I just thought 'why not see it if I'm in the area'. Anyway the place is pretty boring compared to everywhere else in Australia, but the lake was very pretty and I saw a black swan for the first time!! One thing I noticed was how red the leaves on the trees were. This isn't strange I guess considering it was Autumn in Canberra, but for me it felt as though it should be summer, as back home spring was ending and summer beginning. This was the first time I really recognised the difference in the season I was currently living in and the one my friends and family were experiencing. That said, even in autumn at home I have never seen such red leaves, Canberra's lake looked even prettier as a result. 


No comments:

Post a Comment