Sunday 1 July 2012

Sydney

Ahh Sydney, where do I begin? 
Well it was by far my most favourite place that I visited whilst in Australia, for a few reasons really. Of course the city itself is amazing, but also we were pretty lucky with our hostel 'Sydney Central Backpackers'. As well as the free breakfast, which included cereals, toast, 8 different kinds of jam!!, peanut butter BOTH crunchy AND smooth - the hostel organised nights out each day of the week to different clubs in the Kings Cross district. We also made a few good friends at this hostel including Jessica, a Swedish girl we shared a dorm with who was just so lovely and like us! We ended up staying in Sydney over a week and explored pretty much the whole city. We visited museums and art galleries, the botanical gardens, the Opera House (of course) and Harbour Bridge and so much more. A really cool area we wandered around was The Rocks, made up of little lanes of cute cafes and shops as well as the Museum of Contemporary Art. Other days included trips to Bondi Beach, and the Blue Mountains where we hiked for three hours down into the valleys and back up again - the views here were incredible! My sister has just moved to Sydney, unfortunately she left before I arrived home but after I'd left Australia, but on the good side, I have an excuse to visit the city again soon.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment