Friday 6 July 2012

Mr + Mrs Spring

So I have finally found time to complete my delayed post on Becky and Chris' wedding in Tuscany. I've been wanting to put this post up as soon as I returned from Italy, however I still had such a back log of posts from my travels and I kinda hate it when things aren't in chronological order. Still, a week of depressing weather meant a week spent indoors so I'm up to date, and here it is...
Well where do I start? Only by saying it was without a doubt the nicest wedding I have ever been to. The setting for the event was a group of rustic buildings surrounding a huge pool and terraced area, with magnificent views over the Italian vineyards. Both the ceremony and evening do were held here, as were our sleeping rooms for the entire weekend. Unsurprisingly (being held in Italy) the food was incredible and plentiful! They had a traditional Italian wedding cake which kind of looked like a huge cream slice stuffed with fresh berries and was made there in front of your eyes!!! And was by far the best cake I've ever tried. Oh and there was an open bar serving cocktails all night! This meant big hangovers for Sunday but these was nursed by a full day of sunbathing at the pool followed by a BBQ feast. That's what made the weekend even more special - spending so much time with everyone that attended, including the bride and groom. I cannot really express just how much I enjoyed my weekend in Tuscany (first visit to Italy as well, and many more to come I hope), but I hope the photos below will help sum up just how incredible it was. 





No comments:

Post a Comment