Tuesday 24 July 2012

Summer At Last

 As you know from my last post, I am very excited that summer has arrived in the UK at last. To celebrate this, Josh and I spent yesterday in Windsor and hired a row boat along the River Thames. This is something I've been wanting to do for ages but never quite gotten round to it. It's actually pretty reasonable too - £19 for an hour. There is the option of hiring a motor boat instead but I thought a row boat would be nicer. I (of course) didn't realise how hard work rowing is, and while I relaxed and enjoyed our picnic on one end of the boat, Josh was working up a bit of a sweat on the other end, trying to steer the boat in the right direction and on the right side of the Thames. I think next time he's hoping for a motor boat instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment