Sunday 1 July 2012

Byron Bay

Byron Bay was definitely a favourite place in Australia. I'd heard good things about it from others both before I left for travelling and whilst in the North of Australia's East Coast. It's just pretty chilled out and all the people are so friendly - that sounds a bit typical of any Australian city, but there was something a bit cooler about Byron. We stayed in a sweet hostel which offered free pancakes for breakfast!! And they were even cooked on the BBQ - amazing. I wish I'd taken a surf lesson whilst there as there are so many decent surf schools offering lessons, some a pretty reasonable price. We didn't have too long here though and I spent a day in Nimbin- a tiny hippy village which holds the legendary Mardi Gras festivals every year. We also went on a long coastal walk up to a lighthouse and the most eastern point of Australia - such incredible views. 






No comments:

Post a Comment